A mobile visitor always looks for some key pieces of information. So always keep in mind about visitors and provide them best experience to use your website. To optimize a web page for mobile flow these simple steps.
Optimizing Your Website for Mobile
1. Keep It Simple:- It must be figured out what type of information visitor probably be looking for. Only use useful information which is required. Avoid to use extra information because space is restricted in mobile. Always include that much content which is related to your website, which serves the purpose of your website. e.g. If your website is related to directory then there must be address, phone no., click-to-call button must be there except unnecassary information.
2. Avoid Using a Lot Of Images:- Images make the loading speed of page slower than any other thing. So, avoid to use a lot of images because they decrease the loading speed of your web page which results in a bad impact on user. Essential images are the part of website so except essentials avoid using extra images.
3. Design It For Multiple Handsets :- A website not looks same on every mobile phone. A page designed for iPhone doesn’t looks good on Samsung phone. Neither all have APPLE nor all have NOKIA. So always keep in mind about various handsets and design them according to their specifications.Design web page according to various handsets to give user best experience of your website.
4. Avoid Flash Or Java :- flash doesn’t support all the phones. Like APPLE phones, they do not support flash and so in future. APPLE covers the 30% of the smartphone market, so this much amount of people may not be able to access flash content. So avoid using flash content in your website.
5. Reduce Amount Of Text-Entry Necessary :- Many users suffers from fat-finger syndrome which makes difficult to use keyboard of a smartphone. Always use drop down menus, checklists and pre-populated fields because these all helps in decreasing the difficulties of typing text on a smartphone. Use of drop-down menus, checklists and pre-populated fields helps in cutting the amount of texts to be entered which helps in accomplishing the goal of user.
6. Never use Pop-up windows :- It is very typical to navigate between multiple tabs in a mobile web browser which increase the load time of a web page. If you need to open a new window in a new tab than a query message must be displayed.
7. Use An “M-DOT” URL :- Users search you on their mobile phones just like they search on desktop via search engines. So your site must be optimized for SEO. By using “m-DOT” URL Search engines index your mobile site separately from your standard website.
8. Test And Listen Feedback’s:– Always listen to the complements and complaints come into your path from your target audience. Only users can tell us that the site is working properly or need some exercise on it.